10 June 2012

Welcome SUMMER!!!

The month of May got away from me!  I have been busy with all sorts of things, and getting to my computer to blog has fallen to the bottom of the list!!  We decided to take baby steps and keep my office at home, but that means that I have had to make some pretty significant modifications to my studio space in order to fit a business in as well as my overflowing supplies.  :-)

First thing we did was to add a counter-height work station for me, with easy access to my Cricut Expression and Imagine and the tools I use every day.  We made it open on both sides and put a chair on either side, so I can have someone else in there working with me!!  


We added a separate table for trimming and cutting:


Here is one of my favorite additions to my craft space.  To build the counter-height bench, we used two open shelving units to support the top.  That gave me under-counter awesome space.  The baskets on top were $1 aisle finds at Target years ago that I added some felt flowers to (House of Three, Daily Junque).  The wire shelves were made using a kit for wire cubes and some zip ties.  Thanks to Susan Tomaino for the idea!!


The cardboard boxes are not a permanent fixture, but I wanted to mention them because they are housing my newest, most favorite things!!!  Simon Says Stamp has a new Card Kit of the Month, and I am in LOVE!!!  I will post some of the many cards I have made from the May kit-- haven't even started on the June kit, that's how fun the May one was!!  Thank you to Kristina for doing such an awesome job putting them together!

Okay, I have lots of projects to post, but I have to get offline and finish up birthday party invitations for my son's birthday!  Hope you had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment