29 June 2012

Birthdays and More Birthdays!

My son turned 6 today, and as busy I have been with getting ready for his party tomorrow, he is one of many in our family to have a birthday this week.   My cousin turned 40 this past week (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTEL!!), my uncle had a higher number birthday that I think he'd probably prefer I don't share with the world, my niece turned 7 today, and my sister-in-law's birthday is coming up in a few days.  (And that's not counting a dear friend and another friend's daughter also having birthdays today!)

Every year, it is both with great joy that I remember the ways in which my son has changed my life, and with that twinge of sadness that knows that he is growing up SO VERY FAST.  Someday sooner than I'd like, he will no longer be the little guy who pleads every night for more snuggles from Mommy....

Anyway, before I fall asleep cleaning and seasoning chicken, or start crying at the thought that my boy is growing so fast, I thought I'd post two more of my Simon Says Stamp card kit creations.  I have been throwing together cards quickly to get them mailed this week (some faster than others!).  The SSS kits are perfect for this-- already coordinated and ready to go. 


This one was made with the June card kit.  I added some basic grosgrain ribbon and the gorgeous sticker embellishment from American Crafts.  Punches are from Stampin' Up and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.
 
This one was from the Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit.  This was for my uncle, so it had to be a little masculine.  The poles were from the July card kit stamp and were embossed with American Crafts Zing embossing powder.  The "happy birthday" stamp is Hero Arts and, again embossed.

I am headed back to chopping veggies and cleaning chicken.  I made 100 cupcakes and made these adorable cupcake toppers for the party, so I will take some pictures of those and the invitations and all that and post them up in the next week!!

Have a wonderful weekend and a fantastic Fourth of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment