13 March 2011

Sunday Funday...

This flower is spectacular.  One of the great things about living in south Florida is that it looks like this in March.  I didn't take any pictures today, but I was sorting pictures from a family "nature walk," and I wanted to share...

I have decided that writing a blog is substantially harder than I thought it would be.  I mean, I could write about every detail of my day, but who the heck wants to read about that?!?!  So forgive me as I get the hang of figuring out what you might want to read about and what you don't want to read about!!  Feel free to comment...

Today was full of creative activity.  I made about 30 Anna Griffin cards, which are my staples for most occasions.  Then, as I was cleaning up my craft room and putting away my most recent HSN shopping spree, I decided to "fix" a horrible card that I started a month or so ago that has been sitting there, bothering me with its ugliness.  It's still not perfect, but it is SO much better than it was...

Then my oldest son wanted to play with my brad setter, so I showed him how it worked.  I couldn't just stop with showing him how to set the brad, but what the brad does.  So we ended up with a piece of a card that I will finish another time and a birthday card.

Then, just before bedtime reading, I was reminded that I had promised that I would make a bookmark for my oldest, as he has just started getting fascinated with chapter books.  (Flat Stanley is revered in our home these days!) 

Finally, as I watched a little TV, I tested whether this 1-hour album by SEI could actually be completed in an hour.  It took me closer to 2 hours, but that is including getting the photos picked, cropped and placed.  But TA-DA!!!  I have a honeymoon album in just a few hours, and it's beautiful!!!!  I will put a little journaling (and by a little, I mean a little!) tomorrow, but I am thrilled that I have one album done from my wedding celebration (almost 7 years ago)!!  One of these days, I will work on the actual wedding... :-)


So no exercise again today and no reading, but WOW was it a fantastic day!!!  I could totally spend my days doing art if someone let me...

On to spring break tomorrow!!  Hope you had a gorgeous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment