24 February 2014

Cardmaking Monday: Painted Wood Veneer

Among the many things I collect in my studio, one of my favorite little things is wood veneer.  I regularly forget to use it, though.  I more often reach for enamel or sparkly bling instead because I just don't always want the brown on my cards.

So this week, I played with painting my wood veneer to see whether that seemed like a hassle or whether it made me happier to use the veneer.  Totally easy to do and it creates such a great different texture.  Loved it!

You may also notice that I had a week of butterflies... ;-)




 I used Adirondack paint daubers in white to cover the greeting.  It almost looks like a diecut in the pictures, but there is definitely more dimension in person.  The stamped butterfly and punched border are from Martha Stewart, and the papers are from my Studio Calico card kits, so I can't tell you who makes them.  (sorry about that!).  The veneer sentiment was also from one of my SC card kits, but from a while back.



This butterfly was so much fun to make!  A totally different concept as the focal point rather than as an added bit.  The butterfly is from My Minds Eye, and I have a bunch of them that I planned to use for one of my classes.  Now I am thinking I will keep them and make a series of butterfly cards!! 

I painted with Tim Holtz distress paints in Mowed Lawn, Iced Spruce and Tumbled China.  I pretty much just dabbed until I liked the effect.  These papers are from this month's SC card kit add on, as is the stamped sentiment.  The enamel dots are My Minds Eye and the border sticker is from Echo Park.

So my only problem now is that I am finding that I really enjoy too many of my supplies.  One of these weeks, I am sure I will find a dud!!  Until then...... Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment